Being unwell especially on weekends is no fun. I have had enough of bland food for the last couple of days, so I decided to make something tasty and quick for this Monday’s dinner. Vegetable Thai green curry with rice.
What I needed….
-Thai green curry sauce
-prepared/cut vegetables; carrot, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, asparagus, baby corn, mushrooms
– 1/2 red onion cut length wise
– 6-7 green chillies finely chopped
– 1-2 teaspoon ginger-garlic paste
– a pinch of salt
– 2-3 table spoon of olive oil.
What I did…..
– I washed all the vegetables and kept it aside.
– Heated the olive oil in a pan and I added green chillies and ginger-garlic paste. Sautéd it for a minute.
– Then, I added all the vegetables together along with the chopped onion and sautéd it for 3-5 minutes.
– Later I added the Thai green curry sauce (whole bottle) and stirred it for about 1-2 minutes.
– Finally, I added a pinch of salt for taste and let the curry cook on sim for about 5-8 minutes.
*Before I began making the Thai green curry, I used 1 cup of rice to which I added 2 cups of water and let it cook. The rice was cooked around the same time the curry was cooked. Dinner was ready to be served within 15-20 minutes.
– I try and add a lot of vegetables to my Thai curry. I am not choosy about what vegetable goes in. When I pop into the supermarket, I just pick up stuff I feel like for the day. So sometimes I add different vegetables like zucchini, peppers, cauliflower etc. It’s fun to experiment with different vegetables and it is definitely nutritious.
– I avoid buying the Thai curry paste and instead buy the sauce. This is only because it saves me time and hassle from adding coconut milk etc. Hands up! I am a little lazy 😉
– I have always mentioned that adding ginger-garlic paste to most spicy foods will intensify the taste. So I stick by my words and I have added some ginger-garlic paste to my curry.
– Chillies are again an optional, but if you like it spicy, then go for it!
– Chicken or Tofu (might sound weird! But does taste delicious) could also be added to make your curry more interesting. Happy Monday.xx