I have mentioned in my previous posts that I love salads as a side or as a snack. So today I decided to try the avocado salad.
My avocado salad was so simple. All I need was:
– A bag of mixed leaf salad
– A selection of green olives and kalamata with feta, and
– An avocado.
The mixed leaf salad bag comes washed but I always insist on washing it again. So I washed the mixed leaves, cut the avocado, added few olives, kalamata and feta, and sprinkled some salt and lime.
Tadah! My salad was ready in less than 2 mins 🙂
Did you know avocado has amazing health benefits when consumed in moderation.
1. Avocado’s have cancer fighting radicals and are packed with antioxidants.
2. They help to protect the eyes against eye disease.
3. Avocados help in weight loss.
4. They have healthier unsaturated fats that are good for the heart and lowers the risk of heart disease.
5. They help in stabilising blood sugar.
6. Avocados lower the cholesterol.
7. Prevent birth defects.
8. They have anti-aging properties.
9. The oil present in avocado helps in nourishing the skin and makes the skin glow.
10. Avocado is known to cure bad breath.
11. Last but not the least, avocados tastes great and makes a healthy substitute for a salad, spread or a snack. 🙂