I was inspired to do this post after my fellow blogger, Nicole, posted a healthy and easy to prepare post on ‘healthy chips’. I immediately had to try the kale chips, but unfortunately Tesco didn’t have kale so I picked up parsnip instead and gave it my own twist. 😉
– 3 parsnips, pealed and cut.
I love my spices. Contents in the little glass bowl are;
– olive oil
– 1/2 teaspoon of ginger garlic paste
– 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika with sweet red pepper and thyme
– a pinch of salt.
– Dried herbs (towards the end).
– Preheat oven,
– Mix all the above ingredients in a bowl,
– Make sure each parsnip piece is coated with the spice mix.
– Place the coated parsnip on the baking tray / foil and spread it out.
– Place the baking tray in the over and let the parsnip bake for about 15-25 minutes. (I let them stay in the over for a little longer as I like them slightly crunchy).
– Once the parsnips are baked, sprinkle some mixed herbs for additional flavouring. That is all 😀