Soya products are my favourite (except for soya milk!). Soya chunks, mini chunks and, soya mince, are a great substitute for meat products and they are equally tasty.
Soya also comes with additional health benefits when consumed moderately. These include; high protein content, ability to lower cholesterol, reducing the risk of osteoporosis and, they are rich in vitamins. Isn’t that great?! 🙂
One of my favourite (of many!) soya recipes is what I would like to call, the ‘soya fry’. Thanks to my sister for sharing this recipe with me. I love this dish.
– Soya chunks
– Chilli powder – 1 table spoon
– Tandoori chicken masala / chicken Tika masala (powder) – 2-3 table spoon
– Cumin powder – 1 teaspoon
– Yogurt – 1 table spoon
– Ginger garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
– Olive oil – 2 tablespoon for marinade and 2 table spoons for cooking
Instructions for marinade:
1. Soak the soya chunks in hot/boiling water for 10-15 minutes.
2. Once the soya chunks are soft then drain the water and, squeeze the extra water from the soya.
3. Next, take all the above ingredients and marinade the soya chunks.
4. Mix the above contents well. Make sure the spices or the mix is evenly distributed.
5. Cover the marinade with a cling film or, with a lid and, keep the soya chunks marinated for 1-2 hours.
*more the marination time, better the taste.
Instructions for cooking:
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Pour all the marinade contents into the pan and keep stirring or frying in low flame.
3. Keep the flame on low and occasionally stir the contents,
4. Let the soya chunks cook for the next 45 minutes to 1 hour.
5. Do not cover the lid, once the soya chunks are cooked (it should look dry by now), it is ready to be served.
This makes a great dish with naan bread, chapati, rice or even as a side by itself. When it’s cold and raining outside , this is what I crave for. Something spicy and yummy. 😀
Have a good weekend folks.xxxx
4 thoughts on “Soya chunks fry”
yum! vl try this today 🙂
Ya it was amazing.. Let it cook for a little longer till it’s dry. Yummm 😀
Wow Kavya.. I’m gonna tell this to my mother. Cant wait to taste this yummy recipe !!
It was delicious Saman. (I am praising my own cooking! lol). It is very easy but takes a little longer to cook. Def worth the try 🙂